The Program Associate will provide administrative and strategic support to the President and the Foundation’s activities, programs and initiatives. The position requires a self-starter with an ability to work independently as well as with the President to provide an active presence in the community to enhance the Foundation’s role as a funding leader and catalyst in facilitating community enrichment through relationship building within the nonprofit community locally and beyond. The position supports the Foundation’s operations enlightenment with organization and program needs while responding to community needs through a competitive grant making process. The position will at times work with the Foundation’s Administrative Assistant on various events/projects, including work with the grant application database (Foundant GLM) and will promote the Foundation’s grant program outreach by participating in meetings, workshops and newsletter production. Undertakes special projects/studies as assigned by the President and/or Chairman.
Company: Delaplaine Foundation, Inc. (under management umbrella of Great Southern Enterprises)
Position Title: Program Associate, non-exempt/ 4-day position
Immediate Supv.: President
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to calls, emails, information inquiries from applicants and grantees
- Develop proficiency with Foundant GLM (Grant Lifecycle Manager) software
- Review applications for accuracy and completeness; obtain any additional required information
- Enter data into grantmaking database/retrieve as needed; provide ongoing tracking of grantee data/information, reviewing for accuracy and trends
- Inventory/review grantee progress reports and assess data to determine impact
- Draft social media posts, coordinate website updates; monitoring website contents for any needed changes
- Write/produce Foundation newsletter (quarterly or bi-monthly)
- Represent Delaplaine Foundation at site visits, community events and assigned funders/nonprofit meetings
- Identify opportunities to work with other funders on areas of mutual interest
- Provide executive and strategic support to the President and Foundation programs
- Work closely with the President to balance long-term priorities/goals with short-term details
- Research as directed and assemble information for meetings, correspondence and reports
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Personal and professional integrity, credibility and a commitment to the mission of Delaplaine Foundation, Inc.
- 2-3 years minimum program administration and database management experience; previous nonprofit experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based software required; moderate to advanced social media skills
- Well organized with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Foundant GLM (Grant Lifecycle Manager) a plus
- Self-starter who can work independently to carry out directives or with team to demonstrate initiative and develop creative solutions for optimal Foundation benefit and outcomes
- Strong writing, interpersonal and oral communications skills a must, with ability to communicate well across cultures and to a diverse group of people, including applicants
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Ability to represent the Foundation outside the organization and to interact with all in a professional, courteous and tactful manner
- BS/BA or equivalent education and experience
Generally working in an office environment with ample lighting and good air quality. Sitting at desk with ability to go up and down stairs, bend and stoop to file and retrieve documents. Will be responsible for providing own transportation to required meetings outside the office as assigned. Occasional travel for professional training and grantee site visits.
Interested, qualified candidates should submit resume’ with references, compensation requirements and cover letter to: email@example.com
Delaplaine Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, termination.